Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Week 5 - Group 3 Tool: Gob-full of Glogster!

GLOGSTER

I had so much fun with this activity. I really loved creating my Glogster Posters (I have embedded one below and one on my Wiki) as I found the process heaps of fun, although it was quite time consuming. I think this activity would be great for students as they can be as creative as they wish. With the Glogster that I have embedded below, I have also utilised the tools from week 4 and I used the program Audacity to record myself talking to the information presented in this Glogster, I even added the effect of echoing my voice and I recorded over my voice a number of times so that it sounds as if there are a lot of people talking at once. I find my Glogster very motivating as I based it on teaching it gives me encouragement when I am up at the wee hours of the morning working hard on my ICT assignment!!! This is something that I would consider using with my students, having my students create their Glogster based on their future goals, aspirations and dreams for success at sports and school work and future careers, etc. And then attach it inside their books, diary or somewhere that they will frequently look. This helps the students to think about these goals on a daily basis and they will be more likely to be able to recognise and to take the small steps required to achieving their Goals!

Link to Glogster